Things to do
- Diving In The Maltese Islands
- In Guardia In Birgu
- Malta Beaches
- Malta National Aquarium
- Mdina Medieval Festival
- Mgarr Strawberry Festival
- Popeye Village
- Santa Maria Festa In Mqabba
- Sliema Art Festival
- Strada Art Festival In Valletta
- Swim With Dolphins In Malta
- Things to Do In Malta
- Yacht Charters In Malta and Gozo
- Zebbug Firework Display
Strada Art Festival In Valletta
Every year the organisers of 'Strada' which takes place in the heart of the Capital City - Valletta, bring together a festival that celebrates Valletta, wine, music and art. This popular art festival weekend will see Strait Street, which was once the heart of Valletta, re-lit with excitement and entertainment for a whole weekend. The event involves all the establishments that operate from Strait Street or adjacent streets (mainly Trabuxu, Tico Tico, Jubilee, South Street, Wild Honey and Streat) and aims to attract a variety of people offering a night of quality entertainment by creating a unique atmosphere be-fitting the culture and history that Strada Stretta is evocative of.
Strada Stretta will get a face-lift with paintings hung on its walls, re- enactors taking people back to older times, 'fjakkoli', special lighting and a selection of some of the best local produce and talent. The following will be available during the festival weekend:
- Paintings and Photographs by different artists covering a variety of styles will be hung on the walls.
- Sculptures will be exhibited on the street and a few will be working on-site.
- Artisan stalls will be set up and artists and craftsmen will be working on- site giving the public a taste of what goes behind their arts and crafts.
- Re-enactors dressed up as sailors and prostitutes will liven up the atmosphere taking punters back to when Strada Stretta was in its prime.
- Hanging stall sellers will be going around selling a variety of local foods and delicacies.
- Red lighting will light up the whole street in addition to the Fjakkoli placed on the walls and adjacent balconies.
- Two Stages one in the junction between ‘Streat’ and ‘Tico Tico' and another near ‘Trabuxu’ will host different bands/acoustic Duos every evening.
- Bars will be set up close to the stages surrounded by wine Barrels andvintage furniture.
- Carpets with Sheesha will be set up in specific areas.
- A fire-Dancer will be present along the Street and surrounding areas.
- Tables and chairs will be set-up so that the public can relax and enjoy their wine and delicacies and soak up the atmosphere.
Strada has in the past been a game-changer when it came to bringing Valletta back to life and the organisers are confident that every years event will be yet another celebration of success.