Malta Towns & Villages
St Pauls Bay
Geographical Location: North East Malta
Neighboring Towns and Villages: Qawra, Bugibba, Mellieha
Accommodation in St Paul's Bay: Numerous Self Catering Apartments.
Shopping in St Pauls Bay: Some souvenir shops, supermarkets, mini markets, etc. Numerous retail shops may be found in neighbouring Qawra and Bugibba.
Banks, Bureau De Change, ATM's: Numerous available
Entertainment & Places To Visit: Bars, Clubs, Discos Cinema, Water sports. Apart from the nightlife and entertainment there are banks, foreign exchange bureaus and other hotels in the area, and a good choice of coffee shops and restaurants.
Beaches: Flat rocks provide places for sun bathing and there are access points every so often for swimmers. The water is deep, but generally clean, clear and safe for bathing. Sandy beaches on the other hand are not more than 10 to 15 mins away by car
Public transport: Regular and frequent buses from Valletta, Sliema and several other towns and village connections.
Health: Several Pharmacies are available in St Pauls Bay and neighbouring Qawra and Bugibba. Nearest hospital is Saint James Hospital in Sliema.
Town Information: St Paul's Bay and its neighbours Bugibba and Qawra are Malta's largest, seaside resorts. They offer plentiful accommodation ranging from self-catering apartments to hotel complexes and a variety of nightlife and leisure options. The coastline here has some wonderful open sea views and a vista across to St Paul's Island, where, according to legend, the ship carrying the Apostle is said to have been wrecked. Standing prominently on the isle is a large statue of the Apostle commemorating this legendary event. The coastline promenade provides a long, though mostly level and easy walk from St Paul's Bay all the way to Qawra Point, with its tower and views over Salina Bay. St Paul's Bay started life as a small fishing village. The parish church, built in 1617, was carefully restored after suffering heavy damage in World War II. Nearby is the Wignacourt Tower built in 1610 during the reign of Grand Master Alof de Wignacourt. It served as Malta's northern-most defensive outpost until fort St. Agatha was built in Mellieha in 1649. Today, it houses a small museum dedicated to Malta's rich military-architectural heritage.
View Larger Map